What’s New At The Peaks For Winter 2016-17
- The Resort, continues its commitment to accessibility for everyone and has completed a paved walkway from the rear of the Hotel to the base ski lodge. New low lighting along the pathway allows greater visibility for evening strolls without compromising prolific star gazing.
- New and improved lighting has been installed in the large winter parking lot. This and additional building outdoor lighting continues our efforts to become as green as possible by using all LED lighting, ultimately reducing our costs and carbon footprint.
- The mountain team has been hard at work laying down additional pipeline for faster and more efficient snowmaking coverage and piping to terrain which, in the past, has been hard to access.
- Both Black Donald’s Pub and the Mountain Cat Café kitchens have received equipment upgrades and our Executive Chef, Tristan Hertzog, has great menus for both areas this winter.
- The Top Hut had some renovations completed this past summer and is being readied for skiers looking for a warm respite from the frosty winds. Always a perfect place for a picnic lunch, the Top Hut will be serving some beverages and light food on winter weekends.
- New this year – the Calabogie Peaks Reloadable gift cards. A perfect gift as a stocking stuffer or for that someone hard to buy for, the gift cards can be used anywhere at the resort including food and beverage and hotel stays.
- Calabogie Peaks is once again joining forces with the Ottawa Senators – but – in a bigger and better way than ever. Go to our Double Header page and purchase a hockey game ticket and receive an anytime ticket for The Peaks' winter of 2016-17.
- A new groomer has been added to the fleet guaranteeing better than ever corduroy mountain conditions. A PB 200 Edge Park Bully Groomer is ready for the snow.
- Calabogie Peaks continues researching and planning for a future pedestrian village and on site housing at the bottom of the mountain. Stay tuned for more information on this exciting expansion.
Did You Know…..?
- It takes four weeks plus to cut the grass and bushes on the mountain in the fall to prepare for a snowy blanket.
- Our summer team cuts and collects scrap wood from the mountain to supply our outdoor wood burning furnaces which in turn heat the base ski lodge, our maintenance facilities and our very busy central laundry which services the hotel, condos and kitchens.
- Our web cam gives live and immediate visuals of the mountain. The web cam icon can be found on the landing page at www.calabogie.com.
- The weather at The Peaks is always a little different than the weather where you live? Link onto the weather network and follow Barrett Chute for better information. The Weather Network always has updated weather and trail information.